Thanks to the same reddit user who uncovered details regarding the first Borderlands 2 DLC, Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty prior to release, we now have a look at Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt as well. Included in the information was a brief description of the add-on:
Danger! Excitement! Mustaches! It’s time for another episode of Vault Hunter Adventures, featuring Sir Hammerlock! In this week’s tale, our hard-boiled heroes travel to the savage continent of Aegrus! Their goal? To uncover the most exotic creatures Pandora has to offer, and give ’em the old one-two!
What’s Aegrus you ask? Well here’s where we venture into spoiler territory, as some features have also been derived.
- One new head and one new skin for each class
- A new vehicle – the fanboat (summoned from a Catch-A-Boat station), with 68 of its own skins and corrosive, incendiary, and shock weapon mods
- Currently 12 side missions and 5 longer main story missions
- A new raid boss (“Imagine, if you will, a Stalker the size of a small building. Now imagine yourself killing it.”)
- More new Seraph items
- New kinds of enemies, like the borok and the scaylion
- Lots of monster-tracking side missions assigned by Sir Hammerlock
- A new swamp/jungle continent named Aegrus
- A self-important but not-so-well-known new enemy who is “super-pumped we’re archenemies now”, and who leads a tribe of jungle savages and has an evil plan that might actually work
- A new treasure room brimming with goodies… but with a time limit
Additionally a future update codenamed “Gardenia” is on it’s way which will add three new customization packs which will total around 30 new customizations. These are being referred to as the Domination Pack’, ‘Supremacy Pack’, and ‘Madness Pack.” However, there’s no information regarding how these will be handled yet.
And finally we have a whole bunch of screenshots from VG24/7.