For Playstation 4 owners, one of the biggest joys for owners with high enough bandwidth has been the seamless streaming capabilities to Twitch.TV. Unfortunately, Xbox One owners won’t be experiencing the same joys at the launch of the system.
Microsoft has confirmed today that the Xbox One will not have the ability to stream via Twitch until sometime in the first part of 2014. The feature was touted during Microsoft’s E3 press briefing and the silence of the feature in recent months began to stir up rumors that it wouldn’t be ready for launch. Microsoft issued the following statement regarding the Xbox One Twitch streaming delay.
We know the ability to instantly broadcast gameplay is something the gaming community is excited about, and we are too. We are working to ensure the initial Twitch on Xbox One broadcasting experience meets the expectations of the Twitch community, so while this feature won’t be available right away, we’ll let you know as soon as it is ready. Our goal is to deliver it during the first part of 2014.
Watching of Twitch streams will be available at launch and has been confirmed to receive achievements as well. We’ve outlined the confirmed achievements below for watching Twitch streams.
- Watch one hour of live video on Twitch to become a Newcomer
- Watch 10 hours of live video on Twitch for Competitive
- Watch 100 hours of live video on Twitch for Best Viewer
- Watch one hour of live video on Twitch channels that have less than 10 viewers to be the Hipster
- Watch 10 hours of live video on Twitch channels that have less than 10 viewers and become theTalent Scout
- Max Bandwidth is received by watching a single channel on Twitch for more than eight hours consecutively
- Around The Clock is exactly that, just watch at least one minute of live video on Twitch in each hour of a full day
- Prime Time, simply: watch a total of 10 hours of live video on Twitch between peak viewing hours from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m., on a weekday
While you won’t be able to stream with just the console at launch, you will be able to stream via a HD PVR or ElGato device. What do you think about the delay of the Xbox One Twitch streaming capabilities? Be sure to let us know what you think by leaving us a comment below, or continue the discussion on Facebook and Twitter.