Another day, another unannounced Ubisoft title exposed on NeoGAF. According to a member of the community, the latest edition of Game Informer reveals the existance to the PlayStation Vita game Assassin’s Creed 3: Liberation.
What’s the handheld version all about? Well, like the highly anticipated Assassin’s Creed 3, Liberation will take place during the American Revolution. Players will control the first female protagonist of the series in Aveline as she makes her way through the great city of New Orleans. It’s said that Liberation will release on the same day as its console brethren.
An image from the magazine has also been spotted. Thanks to our friends over at The Paranoid Gamer for the shot.
Here’s a few more bullet points to check out, courtesy of NeoGAF:
- Its out same day as AC3 (oct30)
- Location is New Orleans
- Female assassin named Aveline
- Looks like same time period as AC3
- Ubisoft Sofia is developing
- Takes place during 1765-1780 in the period between the end of the French and Indian war
- One of the bullet points is that it’s “true AC gameplay”
- Will not connect to Desmond
- Will have “multiplayer specifically tailored to the Vita experience”
- “The game has been released as a propaganda tool by Abstergo, who want players to experience a gray area of the Assassin/Templar conflict as an assassin rather than a templar”
- Aveline’s mentor is an escaped slave named Agate,leader of the assassins in New Orleans
- Wildlife like alligators “wait on the banks of the swamp or hide beneath murky waters”
- Liberation will also take players across the Gulf into Mexico”
- Game will take place in “Large gameplay areas, you can run, climb, fight and explore the entirety of New Orleans without loading a new area.”
Are you excited to break away from the Desmond storyline? Is a female assassin a more appealing concept? Let us know if you even believe this rumor in the comments below.