If you turned on your Playstation 3 today in hopes to enjoy features of the Playstation Network, then you’re in for a little letdown. If you’ve been staring at an error code or unable to figure out what’s going on, don’t worry, it’s not your system.
The Playstation Network is observing scheduled maintenance today until 3AM Eastern. After 3AM Eastern/12AM Pacific, you’ll then be able to access all of the PSN’s features that you’ve grown to love.
The Official Playstation Blog has detailed what features you will not have access to today due to the scheduled maintenance:
- PlayStation Store on PS3, PSP, and Media Go
- PlayStation Network Account Management
- PlayStation Network Account Registration
- PlayStation HomeMusic Unlimited & Video Unlimited services
- You will not be able to sign in to PlayStation Network from us.playstation.com (or the PlayStation.Blog).
While Sony has stated that most online play will not be interrupted, we are seeing reports of users not being able to access the online portion. What are you doing today during the scheduled maintenance for the Playstation Network? Be sure to let us know what you think by leaving us a comment below, or discuss the Playstation Network in our forums!