EA Sports has released a new title update to fix some issues with Madden 19. Most notably issues with route swapping, pass coverage and blocking were addressed.
The initial community reaction to the patch was overwhelmingly negative with members of the community claiming that more things were broken than fixed and that the most egregious glitches are still on the game.
You can find the patch notes below.
- Addressed an issue with mouse selection not functioning throughout the Customize Your Season flow after continuing from a Play Now game
- Fixed an issue that allowed users to get players in unrealistic alignments via audibles that was being used as an exploit
- Increased the Passing Accuracy and Throw Power penalties when wildly dropping back, very far behind the line of scrimmage, and throwing across the QB’s body
- Improved kickoff trajectory to avoid kickoffs that are difficult for the returner to successfully catch or recover in a reasonable amount of time
- Removed any chance at a kick block if the Jump Snap mechanic on defense is mistimed to be early on Competitive and Simulation Game Styles (this will prevent defensive users from spamming the button until the snap)
- Added new logic for Cover 4 Quarters to better handle vertical routes from Trips formations when the #3 receiver (closest receiver to line of scrimmage) is in a detached alignment
- Added coverage logic for the Deep Half Safety in Cover 6 to prevent him from matching vertical routes being ran by inside receivers
- Adjusted coverage logic for Seam Flat defenders in Cover 3 Match so that they properly match wheel routes that are run by a receiver aligned in a slot position
- Fixed an issue causing a TE in a wing or fullback position on certain HB Toss plays to target defenders on the backside of the formation
Madden Ultimate Team
- The previous Huddle tab will be renamed “Competitive”, and taken over with Madden Championship Series content, including the streaming schedule and the Gameday Program, which has competitive-themed offers, like unique Club Championship uniforms and competitor coaches.
What are your thoughts on the patch? Sound off in the comments!