In 2 previous posts, we went over all of the early information for MLB 14 The Show as well as the full features list. Today we are diving into more detail on 2 of those new features: Player Lock and Quick Counts.
Both Player Lock and Quick Counts will be available on all platforms: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita. The video below goes into more detail regarding what exactly both features do.
There are a few more details that weren’t mentioned in the video.
- Quick Counts and Player Lock are game options; they aren’t mandatory.
- Quick Counts and Player Lock are available in all game modes except Road To The Show.
- Player lock will allow you to play a full game in as little as 10 minutes.
- With Quick Counts on, you will cut your game completion times in half if used in conjunction with the Fast Play presentation setting. Games can now be completed in as little as 30 minutes.
- Realistic stats in Quick Counts have not been compromised. However, you may see a slight increase in strike outs and walks.
- To customize your Player Lock experience, visit the Options page and access the RTTS Options.
- Player Lock fielding uses fielder-perspective controls, so all bases are mapped opposite of non-Player Lock games (i.e. Square = First, X = Second, Circle = Third, Triangle = Home)
Source: PlayStation Blog