Since our staff is responsible for covering pretty much everything related to the video game industry on a daily basis, it can be tough to post all the stories we think our readers would like to see. Videos go unwatched, new release dates are missed and silly quotes just float away without ever being heard. So, instead of ignoring the news that slipped through the cracks each week, we decided to put it all in one convenient place!
This week, we might see Dragon Age III and Saints Row 4 at PAX East, Ubisoft exec wants a price cut and an amazing demo of Starbreeze’s Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.
Saints Row 4 and Dragon Age III may be unveiled at PAX East
According to Deep Silver, they have some ‘huge plans’ for PAX East this month. Deep Silver PR Aubrey Norris said “Dear Media: You’re going to want to be at PAX East this year. If not, you’re going to be missing out on something HUGE. Just FYI!” It was rumored that it could come out this August for current-gen.
As for Dragon Age III, there was a hint on their Twitter that they’ll be at PAX East with the Executive Producer of the series too.
We have a bunch of people going out to PAX East so we’ll let you know if they get hit by any purple dildos or dragons.
Rare has been posting some hiring ads for Kinect experience and cloud experience. This could all be pointing to something Xbox 720-related. They’re looking for a Senior Programmer for ‘part of a pioneering team dedicated to the next jaw-dropping, never-been-done-before Rare project.’ Some other jobs include a Technical Engineer for Cloud purposes and an experienced physics programmer.
Maybe they have something up their sleeve coming with the next console announcement? Or Killer Instinct 3?
God of War: Ascension Trials of the God co-op mode revealed
[youtube id=”aryaNT5SV7o” width=”620″ height=”360″]
Crysis 3 patch 1.3 details for PC, hitting consoles soon
PC patch 1.2 notes:
- Fixed after-match award dog tags from not loading from the profile correct
- Fixed root cause of some graphics driver crashes
- Fixed particle shader causing black squares/broken shading on some graphics cards
- Fixed shadering issue with underwater fog
- Fixed issues with non-default controls for weapon customization
- Fixed some issues with binding non-default vehicle controls
Data Patch C notes:
- Developers Choice playlist updated to new game mode variation
- Jackal fire rate decreased slightly
- Jackal per pellet damage fall off increased
- Fixed an issue where the Takedowns spread escalated too quickly in certain zoom modes
- Grendel fall damage fall off reduced for better long range impact
- FY71/SCAR damage fall off increased to reduce their effective range
- Further matchmaking tweaks for X360 and PS3 to increase chance of local sessions being found
- Foregrip and Muzzle Brake effectiveness reduced slightly
- Laser sight effectiveness reduced slightly
Starbreeze’s Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons developer walkthrough
[youtube id=”dtzSyYq4blQ” width=”620″ height=”360″]