One of the best games and one of best surprises of last year was Firaxis’ XCOM: Enemy Unknown, the turn-based strategy game was on a lot of GOTY lists last year known for its brutal gameplay and unique choices for squads and artillery. The developer has announced some new DLC that’ll add up to 16 new gameplay options.
You can modify the game to your choosing with options like wider range of damage to randomized funding. Check out the full list below:
• Damage Roulette: Weapons have a wider range of damage.
• New Economy: Randomized council member funding.
• Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats.
• Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, stats increase randomly.
• Red Fog: Combat wounds will degrade the soldier’s mission stats.
• Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot guarantees a critical hit.
• The Greater Good: Psionics can only be learned from interrogating a psionic alien.
• Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
• Results Driven: A country offers less funding as its panic level increases.
• High Stakes: Random rewards for stopping alien abductions.
• Diminishing Returns: Increased cost of satellite construction.
• More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.
The best part is it’s all free! You can nab that today on the marketplace of Steam, XBLM and PSN. Let us know in the comments if this’ll get you back into the game (assuming nobody’s died yet) or post in our forums.