Recently, we published a story regarding the new downloadable content for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 being named “Revolution”. While it was still technically a rumor at that point, today’s story has solidified that it will be the next DLC we see for Black Ops 2.
A listing by Amazon UK this morning leaked the names of the maps and a few details for each as well. Amazon has since removed the listing, but we were able to capture the details before they were fully taken down.
- Hydro – This large map allows you to use the dam and water to your advantage to block paths and stop enemies.
- Downhill – A medium-sized map based in the French Alps complete with snow, chair lifts, and a strategically placed lodge.
- Grind – Set within the locale of the Venice, California boardwalk, this small skate park map is sure to deliver fast and frenetic Call of Duty action.
- Mirage – This Gobi Desert multiplayer map utilizes sand dunes to provide different levels of elevation and a sanctuary in the center as a natural chokepoint.
- Zombies – Die Rise – The Zombie apocalypse has invaded China, turning down town into a dilapidated and dangerous MC Escher painting.
- Peacekeeper SMG – This impressive sub-machine gun fills the open weapon slot in your load-out with power and accuracy.
A total of five maps, a new Zombies experience, and a new weapon will be included within the Revolution downloadable content. Rumors have circulated that Die Rise will be similar to the Tranzit experience, but we’re still awaiting confirmation. With the information hitting Amazon today, we’re assuming that Activision will have an announcement prepared this week at the latest.
What do you think about the first real downloadable content for Black Ops 2? Be sure to let us know what you think by leaving us a comment below, or discuss Black Ops 2 in our forums.