A gamefaqs user is claiming to have got their hands on a copy of the upcoming December issue of GameInformer, which of course has GTA V on the cover. As such they have gone through the cover story and picked out a lot of the most notable information, including who we’ll be playing as when the game releases next spring.
You’ll play as two different characters, Albert Desilva and Dougie Vejo. Albert is a 42 year old divorcee who is said to be lightly inspired by Breaking Bad, as he turns to crime in his 40s for the money. In contrast Dougie is a younger guy making his way up the criminal ladder in Los Santos. You’ll apparently be able to switch between the two characters just by holding the back button on 360 (presumably select on PS3) and it sounds like there will be some differences in what missions each character can take.
Obviously these aren’t confirmed details, so they should still be taken with a grain of salt. But they sound pretty believable and match up with a few rumors we’ve heard before. Check out the full list below.
- You play as Albert DeSilva a half American half Puerto Rican
- He is 42 years old and has an ex-wife and two kids
- The show Breaking Bad has a little influence on the game, as Albert is drawn to the life of crime from an older age for the money
- You also play as Dougie Vejo a younger criminal just coming up in Los Santos
- Los Santos is the only large city, smaller towns round out the countrtyside
- Grove Street makes a return, however Carl and Sweet are not in the game
- Money plays a large part as Albert lost most of his in a ponzi like scheme
- Property buying is back
- The only customization for characters are clothes/hair/facial hair. no gyms or tattoos
- one or more characters from 4 may show up
- car customization is back, seems more fitting for Dougie however Albert may be going through a midlife crisis
- the triumphant return of Lovefist!!! or as the band is now known as the Jezzies
- Songs confirmed so far: My Michelle-Guns and Roses, Magic Power- Triumph, California Dreaming – The beach boys and Beautiful-Snoop Dogg featuring Pharrell
- New mini games include golf, tennis and surfing
- Mission played was called “Alimony” featured the scene from the trailer in which they rob the jewelry store
- Robbery returns only for Dougie, dispensaries are a large source of cash income
- You can switch between Albert and Dougie by holding down the back button(360)
- Game autosaves at that point
- Stinger makes a return
- Speculated not confirmed Aziz Ansari voices radio DJ for current hip-hop station