As of today, owners of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim can opt into the game’s 1.8 beta update on the Steam service.
Skyrim is a highly regarded game, but it hasn’t been without its technical issues since launch. Bugs have been reported in multiple sections of the game, but thankfully, Bethesda has been working hard to squash the major issues people have been having. Here’s the list of what’s being changed:
- General memory and stability improvements
- Fixed rare crash when using vampiric grip
- Fixed issue where Arnleif and Sons Trading Company could become permanently locked
- Fixed issue related to duplicate NPCs
- Fixed rare issue where exterior door would not open properly
Bethesda has supplied full instructions for applying the beta here. Those on the consoles will have to wait a bit, though, as the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 will see the update at a later date.
Have you experienced any of these problems? Are you going to opt into the beta for the update? Let us know what you think by leaving a comment below!