Since our staff is responsible for covering pretty much everything related to the video game industry on a daily basis, it can be tough to post all the stories we think our readers would like to see. Videos go unwatched, new release dates are missed and silly quotes just float away without ever being heard. So, instead of ignoring the news that slipped through the cracks each week, we decided to put it all in one convenient place!
This week, we look at some details on Halo 4’s Flood mode, fresh Crysis 3 gameplay and news about Joe Danger 2 heading to the PlayStation Network.
‘Halo 4’s’ Flood are finally lookin’ pretty
Halo 4’s Flood mode was made known just a few weeks ago, and people are getting pretty pumped about the new look of one of the series’ staple creatures.
Well, guess what? This “spiritual successor” to Halo 3’s Infection mode just got some new information and images, and we’re here to give you the hot scoop.
“We went through several iterations of tuning settings, mostly around getting the Flood to feel right in the sandbox and making the Flood experience noticeably different than the Survivor experience,” 343 Industries said. “To ensure the Flood’s gameplay had a unique feel, we honed in on the following elements:
- The Flood Character Model – A unique character model for both first and third-person.
- The Claw – A special melee weapon tuned just for the Flood.
- Flood Armor Effect – A special effect that trails behind Flood characters.
- Flood Screen Effect – A first-person screen effect that shows the haunted view of a Flood.
- Dynamic Music – When playing as the Flood or final Survivor, dynamic music plays in the background to intensify the experience.
- Flood Gameplay Tuning – Flood move faster, react differently to bullets, and have specially tuned armor abilities, the core of which is an enhanced Flood Thrust Pack.
- The Floodsassination – How could we not?!
‘Joe Danger 2’ making its PSN debut October 9, extra content included
Developer Hello Games will be bringing its high-flying, stunt-tastic downloadable title, Joe Danger 2: The Movie, to the PlayStation Network October 9.
Why should you care? Well, first of all, it’s a pretty great game. Second, there will be 10 hours of extra content to enjoy, which is being lovingly called ‘Joe Danger Gaiden’ in the studio.
Expect 25 highly difficult new levels that include the sequel’s Pro medals and extra challenges. Also, the infamous Team Nasty, Joe’s bitter rivals, will be making a comeback.
Look for it next week for $14.99.
‘Forza Horizon’ launch trailer now live, demo coming next week[youtube id=”V7aDIDZKnH4″ width=”620″ height=”360″]
‘Donkey Kong Original Edition’ comes with purchase of ‘Art Academy’ or ‘Crossword Plus’
This is a pretty self-explanatory headline, but Donkey Kong: Original Edition is available for free to Club Nintendo members if they purchase and register Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! or Crossword Plus via the 3DS eShop.
Content that was only available in Japan will be included in the game, but you better act… moderately fast. This deal will last until January 6, 2013.
New ‘Crysis 3’ gameplay released[youtube id=”lduMXJambhU” width=”620″ height=”360″]