After months of waiting, the virtual basketball season is upon us. With the cancellation of NBA Live 13 last week, the release of NBA 2K13 will be the only simulation basketball fix you’ll receive on consoles this year.
Now available at your favorite retailers, NBA 2K13 is officially available today on the Playstation 3, PC, & Xbox 360. Whether you’re looking to play as your favorite team or guide your created player through their NBA career, NBA 2K13 has you covered this season.
- The Control Stick – For the first time ever, all dribble moves have been mapped to the right analog stick, as well as shooting, passing, and post moves. String together devastating crossovers and clutch shots for maximum control and effectiveness.
- Dynamic Shot Generator – Shots are now dynamically created on the fly, with all-new collision physics created in real-time.
- Signature Skills – Each player has unique abilities that can alter the course of a game. Players are modeled to impact the game in their own unique way, from Derrick Rose as a “Floor General” to Kevin Durant being “The Closer.” Learn to use each player’s unique ability and change the game on your terms.
- Revamped Passing System – Improved fast break passing gives players more control. Fire a bounce pass to a cutting teammate or go “Lob City” in transition.
- Better With Kinect – Optional support for the Microsoft Kinect sensor extends the action on the court.
If you’re unable to purchase the game right now, you can check out a slew of gameplay videos for NBA 2K13 in our forums. Already have the game? Use that same forum to find people to play with or against online.
What do you think so far of the game? What team are you planning to dominate online with? Be sure to let us know what you think by leaving us a comment below, or discuss NBA 2K13 in our forums.