The website for Call of Duty Elite, Activision’s subscription-based tool for tracking and displaying player stats in Call of Duty games, has been redesigned to prepare for this fall’s release of Black Ops II.
First, you’ll need to know that everything is now accessible through the new hover-over top menu, which should greatly increase navigation speed. All of your options will be in one bar, while game progress, recent matches, custom classes, and a slew of links to news and events related to the game will be seen on the new player home page. Information is just presented in a new, unique way.
To make things a bit easier, here’s Activision’s list of important things to mention:
- CAREER info has been separated by game and can be found under each game title header in the menu. Here you can check out your Career Summary and Recent Matches, tweak your Custom Classes, track Challenges and Leaderboards, and view your Weapon Performance.
- CONNECT is now called Clan HQ. Clan HQ shows all your Clan stats, including Clan Competitions, Rewards, and Clan XP.
- COMPETE has been changed to Competitions, and displays Events, Clan Challenges, Clan Operations, and Lone Wolf Operations.
- IMPROVE links are now located under each game title header in the menu, and breaks down Maps, Weapons and Lethal/Tactical items, Attachments and Proficiencies, Perks, Strike Packages, Deathstreaks, and Game Modes.
- My HQ is your hub for finding Game Summaries, the Vault, Recent Badges, and your Feed, which includes Notifications and Invites.
- ELITE TV remains ELITE TV, with Theater mode accessed by clicking the filter in the upper-left portion of the screen.
If you’re a Call of Duty fanatic, this is for you. Everyone else, just remember that Black Ops II comes out for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC November 13. The Wii U version will drop later in 2012.
What do you think about all this new information? Do you use Call of Duty Elite? Let us know what you think about the redesign in the comments below!