In the videogame industry, spoilers and leaks tend to happen quite often. While we see the occassional rumor from time to time, it’s very rare that we see a company accidentally leak their own story script within their video. In a rather shocking development, it appears that 343 Industries have done just that with their latest video for Halo 4.
Going to the 3:55 in the trailer, which we’ve included below, showcases what appears to be a portion of the script for motion capture artists. The script details an action sequence that appears to be one of the final in the game which features Cortana, Master Chief, and the main antagonist.
Spoilers for Halo 4 Story
- When Master Chief awakes, the Forward Unto Dawn is boarded by a bunch of Covenant – they are looking for something, not the Chief.
- The Covenant, a particularly religious remnant led by the Elites, have come in search of Requiem to find and look for a Forerunner weapon cache.
- The Covenant also believe Requiem to be the place where a living god is being kept – they wish to find and wake him up to enlist his aid in fighting humanity.
- Main antagonist is called Didact, an ancient Forerunner. He is the being the religious Covenant believe to be a living god.
- Dr Halsey, who made a cameo in Reach, makes an appearance as the Chief wants her help to find a solution to Cortana’s “problem”
- Cortana is able to project multiple versions of herself at once – multiple Cortanas
- A climatic battle involving the Chief, Didact and Cortana takes place
- A character has, or appears to have, telekinesis
“In that case, you won’t mind…” Cortana appears behind the Didact.
at all of the Cortanas emerging from the Bridge
“Compassion for mankind is misplaced.” – Didact
“I’m not doing this for mankind.” Chief then charges thet Didact.
rushes towards Didact and jumps all over him (legs, arms, chest, back)
Several takes of “Cortana” tackling and climbing on random objects at full speed.
Didact is attacked by Cortana. He attempts to swat at Cortana as a means of self defence.
Didact unclenches his fist and drops Chief.
Cortana begins restraining Didact by constraining his limbs to the Bridge.
-Several takes of “Cortana” climbing on “Didact” actor and then…
a specific body part (head, back, waist, knees, ebows, shoulders)
-Didact struggle idle.
-Chief is released
-Chief immobilised pose
-Chief falls, lands on edge
-Chief hanging idle
It’s an interesting sequence of events if 343 Industries did in fact accidentally leak their own ending. While this doesn’t appear to be the entire final scene, this does seem to be an extremely important part of it. What do you think about the potentially leaked script? Be sure to let us know what you think by leaving us a comment below, or discuss Halo 4 in our forums.