- Carter Unleashed: An action mission set at the Innsmouth Academy on Solomon Island, where the player gets to know more about the exceptionally gifted student Carter. Exploring the hallway below the academy, Carter will need help controlling her powers — before they get completely out of hand.
- Crime and Punishment: Bestselling horror author Sam Krieg came to Solomon Island to write his latest novel — but there’s more to it than that. Through this investigation, the player will dig into Krieg’s works and the mind of an obsessed fan to learn more about the dark and hidden history of Solomon Island.
- Hell & Bach: Daredevil reporter Daniel Bach is working on the story of all stories, his shot at finally winning a Pulitzer. For years, he’s been chasing the ghost of Theodore Wicker, only to end up trapped at the Overlook Motel outside Kingsmouth Town. But Wicker’s story doesn’t end here — nor did it start here. Following the bread crumbs back in time, the player will investigate the mystery of Wicker, and learn more about what brought him to the gates of hell…and beyond.
- Funeral Crasher: Eleanor Franklin only has her cats and her ghosts to keep her company at her mansion in Blue Mountain — and now the ghosts are getting restless. When the dead themselves are spooked, the living must pay heed.
- The 3rd Age: There have been Ages before ours, and the evidence lies beneath. In Egypt, the sand is thin, and the remnants of past Ages are beginning to spread their influence across the world. The Seven Sentinels hold the key to an investigation that begins in the present, and delves deep into the distant past.
- Red Handed: It wasn’t chance that brought Dr Varias to this distant part of the Carpathians at this particular point in time. Following in his father’s footsteps, Varias is attempting to unravel the mystery of the Red Hand. Why did they build a vast facility beneath this desolate region? What were they doing here? And how was Varias’ father involved? In this investigation, we answer some burning questions about this secret Soviet era genetic research project — and how it ties into the events of the present.
Two dungeons already in the game, The Ankh and Hell Fallen, are also getting Nightmare Modes, which provides increased challenge and better loot.
The last major addition for July is the Marketplace, which allows players to buy, sell, and ship items cross-dimensionally. Is the promise of monthly content enough to get you to pay a monthly fee for an MMO? Or do you think The Secret World will suffer the same fate as every other MMO that isn’t World of Warcraft? Let us know what you think in the comments below, or over in our forums.