Though their titles may be creatively bankrupt, Pokemon Black and White 2 are unsurprisingly lighting up the charts over in the Land of the Rising Sun. Moving around 417,000 copies this week, Pokemon held steady at the top and has already passed the two million mark. Atelier Ayesha: Alchemist of the Ground of Dusk , a sequel to The Apprentice of Arland, also made a respectable mark on the charts.
In terms of hardware, the Vita almost doubled its numbers from the week before due to the debut of the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and the Crystal White version of the device. While that only gives it around a third of the 3DS’s numbers, it’s still an encouraging jump.
Here’s the full list, via CVG:
Weekly software sales (life to date)
- Pokemon Black 2 / White 2 (DS, Nintendo) – 416,850 (2,035,471)
- Atelier Ayesha: Alchemist of the Ground of Dusk (PS3, Gust) – 75,874 (New)
- Robotics;Notes (PS3, 5pb) – 57,797 (New)
- Culdcept (3DS, Nintendo) – 54,086 (New)
- Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry’s Wonderland 3D (3DS, Square Enix) – 43,648 (787,615)
- Resident Evil Chronicles: HD Collection (PS3, Capcom, 06/28/12) – 28,042 (New)
- Fatal Frame II: Project Zero (Wii, Nintendo) – 24,804 (New)
- Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3, Konami) – 23,586 (New)
- Robotics;Notes (360, 5pb) – 17,076 (New)
- hack Sekai no Muko Ni + Versus Hybrid Pack (PS3, Namco Bandai) – 16,664 (New)
Weekly hardware sales (previous week)
- 3DS – 65,267 (68,056)
- Vita – 22,638 (13,589)
- PS3 – 16,399 (15,680)
- PSP – 11,461 (8,954)
- Wii – 6,880 (6,127)
- Xbox 360 – 861 (1,073)
- PS2 – 490 (1,065)
- DSi – 657 (704)
Any particular number stand out? Do you think the Vita still has a chance to catch the 3DS? Let us know what you think in the comments below, or head over to the forums!