When Mass Effect 3 launched, fans were rather vocal about the issues with importing the face of their Commander Shepard. With fans having so much time invested in the series, something like the incorrect face for your character can be rather frustrating.
If you’ve been rather extreme about not playing until the issue was fixed, then we’re happy to tell you that you’re good to play. BioWare had the patch go live on the PC yesterday, and the Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 patches are hitting today. While the face import bug may be the most noticeable fix, there’s a few other fixes that go live today as well. Per BioWare, we’ve included the notes below:
- Fixed issues when in some cases Shepard’s customized facial features from ME1/ME2 may not be properly imported to ME3
- Fixed an issue when quickly and repeatedly selecting to Resume a Save could result in Player Level reset and a potential locking of powers.
- Fixed an issue when selecting Multiplayer in the Main Menu while under a poor network connection could result in an unresponsive state.
- Fixed a potential crash while accessing an in-game terminal from Eden Prime level.
- Fixed an issue when attempting to login while Server is down. It would display a Server Down message and accepting the Server Shutdown message would shut down the game.
- Fixed a potential memory crash while loading a Quick Save of a custom FemShep.
- Fixed an issue when restarting missions and acquiring an above max amount of weapon mods results in displayed debug text on-screen.
- Fixed an issue when an unresponsive game state could occur during transition after the Conduit level.
- Fixed an issue when DLC game saves can be accessed from an account without DLC if another account on the same computer has access to the related DLC. (PC Only)
- Fixed an issue when saves from different accounts on the same computer may become locked if one account has access to DLC which the other account does not. (PC Only)
- Fixed an issue when potentially the game could enter unresponsive state when transitioning from the Holding Docks area to the Normandy Docks area of the Citadel. (PS3 Only)
What do you think about Mass Effect 3? Have you been able to test out the face import patch? Be sure to let us know what you think by leaving us a comment below, or discuss Mass Effect 3 in our forums.