To put it simply, the launch of the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier beta has been a long time coming. The game saw two significant delays, but it was revealed a few months ago that it would launch in May.
Ubisoft has released the first official details on the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier beta today, as well as announcing the Ghost Recon Network. It was revealed today that the multiplayer beta will start on April 19th and last until May 2nd. The press release stated that it would only be for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 players, however.
Below, we’ve included a few snippets of the press release pertaining to the specifics:
In the multiplayer beta, up to twelve simultaneous players will have the opportunity to choose from three classes (Rifleman, Engineer and Scout) and experience the intense adversarial online action in two different modes:
• Description: players battle to complete objectives located throughout the map and earn points, the team with the most points at the end of the round wins
• Game session: 1 round of 15 minutes
Saboteur (available starting April 26th)
• Description: a bomb spawns in a central location, both teams compete to retrieve the bomb and be the first to detonate it at the opposing team’s base
• Game session: 1 round of 10 minutes
Both modes will be playable on two different maps (Pipeline and Mill).
The beta can be accessed in the following ways:
• Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction Owners
o Splinter Cell Conviction Xbox 360 owners can access the beta directly through the game
• Pre-order Ghost Recon: Future Solder on Xbox 360 from GameStop and receive a Xbox 360 beta key
• PlayStation Plus subscribers receive a PS3 beta key
In addition to the beta being detailed, Ubisoft announced and detailed the Ghost Recon Network. Essentially, it’s a free companion service that will support all Ghost Recon titles moving forward. You’ll be able to access the app from various smartphones, tablets, and web browsers. While the Ghost Recon Network will officially launch on May 22nd with the game, it’ll be in a beta stage for Android users during the multiplayer beta.
Ghost Recon Network Key Features
Customize and share in-game weapons on the go
• Use GunSmith mobile to customize weapons down to their inner parts in 3D and sync them to consoles
• Publish weapons to the GunSmith Gallery and browse guns posted by the Ghost Recon Network community
Track player history and friends’ in-game status
• Access personal player performance on Ghost Recon: Future Soldier & upcoming Ghost Recon games and compare stats on leaderboards
• Receive challenges, friend activity reports and community updates via the website or push notifications on smartphones and tablets
Receive exclusive rewards
• Download the free Ghost Recon Network app at launch to unlock additional attachment credits in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
• Earn weapons and weapon skins in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier by playing other Ghost Recon games or interacting with other Ghost Recon experiences
Become a better player
• Study detailed game information and heatmaps to prepare for the next battle
• Build and manage your squad, add recruits and search for competing squads
What do you think about the official multiplayer beta and the Ghost Recon Network? Have you pre-ordered your copy of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier yet? Be sure to let us know what you think by leaving us a comment below, or discuss Ghost Recon: Future Soldier in our forums.