Battlefield 3 is a great experience, but the fans of the community have been great about providing feedback to continue to improve that experience. Scan just about any message board that references the game and you’ll find a laundry list of complaints that gamers want atttended to in Battlefield 3.
DICE has been listening and they’re promising a patch in the near future. While the patch has been promised for a good bit, DICE has officially detailed the fixes and tweaks they’re planning to apply to the game. If you’re expecting a small list, then you might want to think again.
We’ve listed a fair amount of them below, but you’ll find the full mammoth list of confirmed fixes here.
General Gameplay Fixes
- Players should no longer take fall damage from short falls.
- Players now get up from Prone slightly faster, allowing better odds of getting away from a grenade or threat when prone.
- Fixed some situations that would unintentionally make a player unrevivable.
- Reduced the black screen fade in time on spawn. The fade is still necessary for properly streaming in loading content at spawn, but it has been substantially reduced.
- Increased the spawn protection time from 1sec to 2sec. The protection will still be immediately canceled as soon as the player moves or shoots.
- Spawn protection will no longer be canceled by the player looking around.
- Increased the speed at which a player regains accuracy when aiming after moving for a more responsive experience. Firing before fully zoomed will still result inaccurate fire.
- The A10 properly gives Jet score again.
- Unguided tank rounds and RPGs will now instantly destroy Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Scout Helicopters.
- Increased the damage the MBT’s primary weapon does to the front and side armor of other main battle tanks. Primarily this means 1 less shot to the front, and very good hits to the side can result in a 1 hit to disable.
- Slightly reduced the repair speed of the repair tool.
- Increased the damage done by TOW weapons to armored vehicles.
- Increased the rate of fire and minimum damage of the Coax HMG.
- Increased the damage mounted gunner .50cal HMGs do at long range.
- Added Extended Mags to the ASVAL. The Extended Mags can be unlocked at 200 kills with the AS VAL.
- Reduced the recoil of the SKS rifle and increased its maximum damage at close range.
- Fixed aimed firing max accuracy on the Pecheneg to be consistent with other LMGs.
- Semiautomatic and automatic shotguns firing FRAG rounds now do slightly less splash damage.
- The M26 MASS frag and slug rounds are now the more effective pump action versions.
- The M26 MASS and M320 now benefit from the Laser Sight when mounted with an Underslung Rail.
- Fixed the bolt action timer on the L96 that would cause an animation glitch.