The next update for 4J Studios’ Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition has officially gone into testing with Microsoft, meaning it’s only a matter of time before Title Update 12 lands in the laps of hungry digital adventurers.
The update, as always, comes with quite a few additions and tweaks to the ever-evolving world of Minecraft. TU12 introduces Ocelots into the world, which can help scare away Creepers. The height limit of each world will also double, meaning your elaborate constructs will be able to reach twice as high as they can right now.
The update will also add texture and mash-up packs, which allow players to adjust and change the visual appearance of the world at their leisure. Golems will also be introduced, which will surely help against the new zombie sieges and enemy AI.
There’s no word on when the update might hit Xbox Live, but for now, 4J has released a list of the changes and tweaks gamers can expect from TU12. Keep reading for the full list, courtesy of the PlayXBLA blog:
- Iron Golem
- Baby Villager
- Redstone Lamp
- Jungle Wood Stairs
- Jungle Wood Half Slab
- Jungle Wood Block
- Jungle Wood Planks
- Jungle Tree Sapling
- Ocelot Spawn Egg
- (Creative Mode only) Chiselled Stone Brick
- (Creative Mode only) Mob Heads (Skeleton, Wither Skeleton, Zombie, Human and Creeper)
- New Tutorial World.
- New map height limit (256 instead of 128).
- Jungle Biome
- Jungle trees
- Cocoa beans grow on Jungle trees
- Slabs and Stairs can be placed upside-down by placing them below a block.
- Added Corner Stairs and upside down Corner Stairs.
- Added 3D dropped items.
- Added dispensing Boats and Minecarts to Dispenser.
- New ambient cave sounds.
- New AI for Mobs.
- Added rare drops for Mobs.
- Villagers will have children if there is room in their village.
- Zombie sieges will occur occasionally at night.
- Zombies break down doors on Hard Mode.
- Crafting recipe for ladder now yields 3 ladders instead of 2.
- Placing blocks on grass will replace it.
- Lava now has a faint rumbling sound effect, and large particles that hop out of the lava produce a popping sound.
- Very rare Desert Wells can be found in Desert biomes.
- Increased max boats in a world to 40.
- When in the Nether, Snow Golems will melt and die same as when they are in Desert biomes.
- Abandoned Mineshafts can generate with wooden bridges now when generated over a cave or over top another tunnel.
- Doors have been updated so that double doors work better with Redstone.
- Added a Favourites tab to the Skin Selector menu, storing most recently used skins.
- Added support for Texture Packs and Mash-up Packs, and display of these in the Minecraft Store.
- Fixed local player shadows not being displayed.
- Fixed a few issues with the Privileges settings.
- Fixed visible seams in clouds.
- Fixed 3rd person camera issues with water, where the underwater filter would be randomly removed.
- Fix for structures generating at the edge of a world.
- Fix for putting enchanted items in a Minecart With Chest and destroying it removes the enchantments.
- Fix for breaking a bow having improper animation.
- Fix to make Minecarts run at the correct speed.
- Fixed a few memory leaks.
- Fixed issue with “Can Open Containers” option.
- Fixed issues with “Can Build and Mine” option.
- Fixed Issue with TNT blocks being triggered by explosions even with “TNT explodes” option off.
- Fixed Wolves not tilting their heads when the player has a bone in their hand.
- Fixed the colour of Potion particles status effect to match the Potion colour.
- Fix for doors spitting in half and glitching in open/closed motion when mined.
- Fixed artefacts on edge of flames when in first person.
- Fixed a lot of game lighting issues.
What do you think, Minecraft aficionados? Are you excited by the changes and additions? Let us know in the comments.