Today’s auction of THQ assets has ended, and it isn’t pretty. Already, folks have been reported to have been laid off, and it looks like we have a clear understanding of which studios and IPs were bought.
In a letter to employees today, Jason Rubin explained the proposed list of sales. Included in that list are as follows:
- Koch Media (owners of Deep Silver) will purchase Volition and the Metro IP
- Sega will purchase Relic Entertainment
- Crytek will purchase the Homefront IP
- Take 2 will purchase the Evolve IP
- Ubisoft will buy THQ Montreal and the South Park IP
My thoughts go out to anyone who lost a job because of this sale. If you’re on Twitter and know of any openings in the industry, use the hashtag #THQJobs, and let’s find some work for these talented folks. There’s a lot of crap in the games industry. But when people get laid off, I’ve never seen a more dedicated and supportive group of folks than those in the games industry.