Since our staff is responsible for covering pretty much everything related to the video game industry on a daily basis, it can be tough to post all the stories we think our readers would like to see. Videos go unwatched, new release dates are missed and silly quotes just float away without ever being heard. So, instead of ignoring the news that slipped through the cracks each week, we decided to put it all in one convenient place!
This week, we take a look at a fan-made trailer for the unannounced Destiny, check out the next DLC for Battlefield 3 and dig into Minecraft’s latest update.
‘Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable’ receives a date, new screens
Namco Bandai will be bringing its battle against the giant bugs to the PlayStation Vita next year in the form of Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable.
This digital download will be hitting the PlayStation Network in North America Jan. 8 for the smooth price of $39.99. The game is essentially a classic at this point, and if you have played it before, seven new levels, fresh enemies and online co-op make it worth a second look. Be prepared to fight the horde of insects next year.
Bungie’s ‘Destiny’ gets fan-made trailer
[youtube id=”jnGwiEq1IcQ” width=”620″ height=”360″]
‘Minecraft Xbox 360′ to receive breeding, brewing and new biome
The next big update to the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft is on its way, and with it will come a slew of new, unique features.
Update 7 will be one of the largest to date, and according to the list below provided by PlayXBLA, players will even be able to breed animals. A bit weird, but just go with it and take a look at these details.
- Animal Breeding – feed two of the same animals a particular food and they’ll “kiss” and like magic a little baby animal will appear. Cute.
- Brewing – You’ll be able to make Potions. Pull up a Brewing Stand and experiment.
- Experience Points – Now you can collect Experience Orbs from mining, killing mobs, breeding and using Furnaces. Experience is used for Enchanting.
- Enchanting– A new process which uses your Experience points to grant special abilities to armour, tools and weapons. You’ll need to craft yourself an Enchantment table to get started.
- Mushroom Biome – A new type of land where the humble mushroom is king. New block Mycelium can be found here and Mooshrooms. Try growing yourself a giant mushroom.
- Nether Fortresses – a structure that can appear in the Nether, bringing new blocks to the game too. Nether Fortresses are the Nether equivalent of Strongholds. Look out for the Blaze which can found in these new structures, they’ve got a habit of shooting out fire.
- Skin animations – Some of your skins will have new animations (optional) to give them a bit more life and personality of their own. It’s something new and something that will be expanded upon as we do future updates, even older skins might get given their own animations as time goes on, so keep a look out for them in the future too. You may also notice that skins can have hats, and stuff.
‘Battlefield 3: End Game’ DLC trailer shows all-new features
Note: The official trailer has been taken down, but Youtube user ChaBoyyHD has posted the handy breakdown below that contains some footage and information about this expansion.
[youtube id=”qTiDzp1UVzU” width=”620″ height=”360″]
Wii U publishers can set limits on game demos
Demos for games on Nintendo’s recently released Wii U may only allow players to experience the free content a certain number of times before “expiring.”
A report over at GameZone indicates that publishers will have the power to limit how many times someone can play a specific demo. The demo for Ubisoft’s Rayman Legends, for example, can be accessed a total of 30 times before players are forwarded to the eShop purchase page.
As stated before, it will be up to the publishers to decide if these restrictions will exist on a game.
Atlas announces downloadable shooter ‘God Mode’
[youtube id=”lYF8kNMst9w” width=”620″ height=”360″]