Since our staff is responsible for covering pretty much everything related to the video game industry on a daily basis, it can be tough to post all the stories we think our readers would like to see. Videos go unwatched, new release dates are missed and silly quotes just float away without ever being heard. So, instead of ignoring the news that slipped through the cracks each week, we decided to put it all in one convenient place!
This week, we look at the first gameplay trailer for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, learn about some new Tony Hawk DLC and see all the Wii U launch titles for the UK.
ESPN’s live programming now all on Xbox LIVE
A new update for Xbox LIVE Gold members has unlocked all of ESPN’s live network programming through WatchESPN including ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Buzzer Beater and Goal Line.
Love sports and your Xbox 360? Well, here are some of the new features that you can enjoy right now:
- My Sports. ESPN on Xbox allows you to choose your favorite sports and teams and designate these channels as “My Sports,” so you can jump directly into the games and content you care most about. ESPN on Xbox will automatically provide you with a personalized daily feed of live events, news and highlights based on “My Sports,” catching you up on only the teams and sports you care most about.
- Mini Guide. The mini-guide gives you a preview and quick access to all the sports content you care about right at the bottom of the screen. This fall it is all about football, and now the best fans don’t have to miss anything. Is another game tied up late in the fourth quarter? Instantly switch to that game. Halftime? Play the earlier highlights.
- Split Screen. Because true sports fans want to watch more than one game at a time, ESPN on Xbox has a split screen, allowing you to watch two events at once. Watch live events on both screens or a live event on one while you catch up on news and highlights on the other. You can even control both screens independently, pausing and rewinding each separately so you never miss a second of the action.
- Gesture Control and Voice Control with Kinect for Xbox 360. Focus on your team instead of looking for the remote. Navigate through the content guide, skip to the next highlight, or play, pause, and rewind that big play…all with the wave of your hand or the sound of your voice.
- Reminders. Too many big games to keep track of in your head? Not to worry – ESPN on Xbox now lets you tag games and set reminders so you never miss a moment.
- Interactive ESPN BottomLine. The ESPN BottomLine keeps you in the know with breaking news and score updates from around the world of sports. Xbox has added interactive functionality that raises the bar for fans everywhere, with live alerts and the capability to jump to different sports or skip to the next story.
You can access and enjoy all of the manliness right now on your 360.
Wii U UK launch titles confirmed
The full list of Wii U launch titles coming to the UK next week has been revealed by Nintendo.
There are millions of people out there enjoying this new piece of hardware in the comfort of their own homes, but some European locations still haven’t had the chance to pick up the Wii U. That’s going to change Nov. 30 when the Wii U launches in the UK, and here are all the games they can look forward to playing.
- Assassin’s Creed 3 (Ubisoft)
- Batman Arkham City: Armoured Edition (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
- Ben 10 Omniverse (Namco Bandai)
- Call of Duty Black Ops 2 (Activision)
- Darksiders 2 (THQ)
- Disney Epic Mickey: The Power of Two (Disney)
- EA Sports FIFA 13 (EA)
- Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade (Namco Bandai)
- Funky Barn (505 Games)
- Game Party Champions (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
- Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
- Mass Effect 3 Special Edition (EA)
- New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo)
- Nintendo Land (Nintendo)
- Rabbids Land (Ubisoft)
- Sega & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Sega)
- Skylanders Giants (Activision)
- Sports Connection (Ubisoft)
- Tank! Tank! Tank! (Namco Bandai)
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition (Namco Bandai)
- Transformers Prime (Activision)
- Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper (Tecmo Koei)
- Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013 (Ubisoft)
- ZombiU (Ubisoft)
Not too shabby, huh? Hope all residents of the UK enjoy the launch next week.
‘Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition’ first gameplay trailer released[youtube id=”86NLGVQ6Iaw” width=”620″ height=”360″]
Full patch details for first ‘Black Ops 2’ update
Developer Treyarch have been listening closely to the Black Ops II fans out there about the game’s multiplayer experience, and a new update that brings a slew of changes proves that.
Just what’s new in the world of perks and killstreaks? Here are the full patch notes:
- Made infrastructure and performance improvements to Live Streaming.
- Made streaming performance improvements to video playback in CODTV.
- Addressed an issue where flight range parameters for airborne vehicles could be deleted in the middle of a match due to a network interruption. This fix resolves the following symptoms reported by the community:
- Escort drone flying under the map
- Inability to call in the Dragonfire
- FHJ-18 weapon level is now increased by destroying Scorestreak vehicles and aircraft.
- Care Package/AGR canister exploit has been addressed.
- Patched a small map exploit in Aftermath.
- Addressed a rare situation that would cause the Emblem Editor menu to overlap other menus.
- Balance pass on spawn influencers to improve cases causing non-optimal spawning under certain conditions.
- Improved performance for emblem uploads to prevent an occasional hang. If there is an error connecting to servers during an upload, you will now be able to re-try your save.
- Emblems and Clan tags will now appear correctly on the Assault Shield when stowed on the back.
- Addressed all reported UI error code messages.
- Elite Clan Friends list no longer actively sorts players when their status is updated. The player list will refresh after closing and re-opening the tab.
- Improved a number of emblem icons in the Emblem Editor.
- Junkyard IV reward added to Calling Cards.
Hop on LIVE, download the update and enjoy shootin’ dudes online right now.
‘Tony Hawk’ DLC coming Dec. 4
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD will be receiving a hot piece of DLC on all platforms in the coming weeks.
Fans of past games in the Tony Hawk franchise should enjoy the release of the Pro Skater 3 HD Revert Pack, which will be coming to PSN, XBLA and Steam Dec. 4. Included will be pro skaters Steve Caballero and Geoff Rowley, as well as levels like the Airport, LA and Canada from THPS3. The Revert move will also make an appearance, and just as a bonus, James Hetfield and Robert Trujillo from Metallica will be playable characters.
Look for it in a few weeks at $4.99.
‘Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney’ trailer hits the web[youtube id=”K5InIF7ACmw” width=”620″ height=”360″]