Those who were interested in the Limited Edition of Halo 4 have just found out what a good portion of their $100 went when they preordered. Microsoft and 343 Industries have announced the Season Pass for Halo 4 which will retail for $24.99 (2,000 Microsoft Points) on the Xbox Live Marketplace. The publisher is touting a 15 percent discount over buying each map pack individually, which really isn’t all that much (you’re saving around $3). Additionally, the content comes with two in-game helmets and an in-game emblem: Scanner, Strider, and Falcon, respectively.
Long time fans of the Halo franchise should take note that we’ll be making a trip to Harvest, which is the locale of humanities’ first interactions with the Covenant. The packs are fully details below:
Crimson Map Pack (Timeframe – December)
- Maps: Wreckage, Harvest, Shatter
- Description: Witness the chaos of a clash of civilizations in Wreckage, with its blend of claustrophobic spaces and dangerous exposures and venture into the human colony environs of Harvest, and explore a human foray on an alien moon in Shatter.
Majestic Map Pack (Timeframe – February)
- Maps: Landfall, Monolith, Skyline
- Description: Landfall’s emphasis is on infantry battles against a glittering ocean on a distant world, while Monolith exposes you to the naked vacuum of space – and the firepower of opposing teams, and Skyline’s distinctly industrial feel provides new challenges in somewhat familiar, but occasionally confined spaces.
Castle Map Pack (Timeframe – April)
- Maps: Daybreak, Outcast, Perdition
- Description: Daybreak is set in a military facility against the backdrop of an idyllic mountain range, while Outcast plunges you into the warrens, canyons and arches of an alien edifice, and Perdition takes players into the heart of an urban sprawl, with tactical speed and situational awareness its key features.
What are your thoughts? With only 15 percent, it’s not exactly a huge savings, but everyone (who’s an Xbox Live Gold Member) is also getting an entire season of Spartan Ops for free.