During E3, Activision had appointments setup for various media and fans to view an extended clip of their singleplayer campaign. The footage was interesting, but was the typical Call of Duty campaign action that we’ve grown accustomed to seeing.
A few select outlets were actually shown the multiplayer in Black Ops 2 behind closed doors. While the information from those meetings hasn’t been fully disclosed, it appears that it managed to slip out this week. During the Weekend Confirmed podcast, Garnet Lee managed to slip up and leak out details regarding the multiplayer. After it started to make its rounds, Activision and Garnet both pulled the podcast and re-uploaded it with the Call of Duty information pulled out.
Thanks to a NeoGAF poster, the podcast has been re-uploaded. We’ve compiled a list of details from the podcast below in case you don’t feel like listening to the entire show. Continue reading below for the new details on the Black Ops 2 point allocation system.
- Black Ops 2 will feature a “10-point allocation system. The days of having multiple slots in a class are gone, as each individual item that you choose will take up allocation points.
- For example, having two primary weapons would use just about all of your allocation points. You would only have one remaining “perk” left. This opens up entirely new ways for fans to play the multiplayer portion of the game.
- Not a fan of overloading on guns? You could make a class with a ton of perks, earn a knife kills, and then pick up a gun to take advantage of all of the perks you started with.
- Wager matches will return with new variations.
- One example is everyone starting with a machine pistol and an EMP grenade. You’ll need to disable and hack drones to get more kills. Only way to get earn more EMP grenades is to kill other players.