Another day, and more achievements to get. When the Gears of War 3 Command Pack downloadable content goes live on November 1st, you’ll be able to earn a few new achievements to increase your gamerscore. The downloadable content adds five new achievements for a total of 250 gamerscore.
If you haven’t heard about this upcoming DLC for Gears of War 3, then we’re about to tell you.
• Blood Drive – The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favourite to Horde.
• Rustlung – Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship’s Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.
• Azura – This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera’s educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.
NEW FORTIFICATION UPGRADES:
• Command Center – A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
• Decoy Upgrade – A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
• Sentry Upgrade – This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
• Silverback Upgrade – This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.
• Onyx Guard
• Big Rig Dizzy
NEW WEAPON SKINS:
• Team Plasma
• Jungle Camo
Now that we have the contents of the downloadable content out of the way, we’ve included each achievement for the DLC below.
The Host with the Most (25 points)
Host a private Horde Match with a party of 5 players on any Horde Command Pack map (any difficulty).
Places to See, People to Destroy (25 points)
Host a private Beast Match with a party of 5 players on any Horde Command Pack map (any difficulty).
What Does This Button Do? (50 points)
Get 500 Silverback rocket kills in Horde (any map, any difficulty).
It’s Hammer Time! (50 points)
Achieve Level 4 in Horde Command Center fortifications.
Kill Locust (Like a Boss) (100 points)
Defeat a Boss Wave as 5 Onyx Guards (Hardcore difficulty).
What do you think about the downloadable content “Command Pack” and the achievements for the DLC? Are you planning on picking the content up when it goes live on November 1st? Be sure to let us know what you think by leaving us a comment below, or sound off in our forums!